Good Friday
Bevmo and Rubio's Mahi Tacos. What more could you want.
Picked up a bottle of Tenoch, a bottle of El Tesero Reposado and a bottle of this stuff:
Dos Manos Tequila Anejo
I have a bad habit of buying 100% Agave tequila that's cheap just to try it. Then I never drink it of course. Some of them are pretty decent too, but when you have the selection I do......the Casa Noble and Cabo Wabo are always calling and the other stuff just sits. I think I've had the same bottle of Cazadores for over a year now. I'm always hoping of some great find. It'll never happen of course, but I keep trying.
Anyway, it was retailing at $22.00 for a 100% Agave Anejo, how do I not try it. Guess what. The shit is pretty fucking good! VERY, VERY smooth, but a little bland. I'm very impressed with it for the money. Impressed intill I opened the bottle of El Tesero De Felipe Reposado. I have had the anejo but not the reposado.
Night and fucking day compared to the Dos Manos. The El Tesero is some serious tequila, and the reposado is no exception. This is now on my top five list. Problem is it's $49 at BevMo, probably $59 everywhere else. Cabo Wabo is now $35. This will be a good bottle to even out the bar, but I think I'll stick with some of the others due to the cost.
I need to refill with some Tenoch and have a smoke.
Alright, just drank a snifter of Tenoch for comparison. Figure I should do a full comparison and tried a snifter of Cava Antigua Reposado too. Then a shot of the Dos Manos again, followed by the El Tesoro again. Yea, I'm buzzed. I think I need yet another. I wish I had more fish tacos too.
I'm going to try some Julio just to be sure. I need a smoke too.
Alright, had some more of the Tenoch. I think the Tesoro MAY be better.
So what did we learn.
Bevmo and Rubio's Mahi Tacos. What more could you want.
Picked up a bottle of Tenoch, a bottle of El Tesero Reposado and a bottle of this stuff:
Dos Manos Tequila Anejo
I have a bad habit of buying 100% Agave tequila that's cheap just to try it. Then I never drink it of course. Some of them are pretty decent too, but when you have the selection I do......the Casa Noble and Cabo Wabo are always calling and the other stuff just sits. I think I've had the same bottle of Cazadores for over a year now. I'm always hoping of some great find. It'll never happen of course, but I keep trying.
Anyway, it was retailing at $22.00 for a 100% Agave Anejo, how do I not try it. Guess what. The shit is pretty fucking good! VERY, VERY smooth, but a little bland. I'm very impressed with it for the money. Impressed intill I opened the bottle of El Tesero De Felipe Reposado. I have had the anejo but not the reposado.
Night and fucking day compared to the Dos Manos. The El Tesero is some serious tequila, and the reposado is no exception. This is now on my top five list. Problem is it's $49 at BevMo, probably $59 everywhere else. Cabo Wabo is now $35. This will be a good bottle to even out the bar, but I think I'll stick with some of the others due to the cost.
I need to refill with some Tenoch and have a smoke.
Alright, just drank a snifter of Tenoch for comparison. Figure I should do a full comparison and tried a snifter of Cava Antigua Reposado too. Then a shot of the Dos Manos again, followed by the El Tesoro again. Yea, I'm buzzed. I think I need yet another. I wish I had more fish tacos too.
I'm going to try some Julio just to be sure. I need a smoke too.
Alright, had some more of the Tenoch. I think the Tesoro MAY be better.
So what did we learn.
- The Dos Manos Anejo is well worth the $22.00 and I highly recommend it for shots, margaritas, or as a starter tequila for green peas that don't know tequila.
- El Tesoro de Don Filipe is worth the $49.00. Excellent full taste, even bite start to finish, and the new bottles look cool (the pic is of the old bottle).
- I'm drunk.
- Rubios Mahi Mahi tacos are fucking good with tequila

<< Home