lunes, agosto 01, 2005

|

Fake Shelbys

An old amigo of mine swung by the other day. A big 6'4" 375lb greaseball Dago that's also one of the coolest people you'll ever meet. Ten years ago he used get stoned and pick me up to go to work. I mean he was really fucking baked. He would sit at stop signs waiting for them to turn green (I'm not joking). Good times.

Well, after three motorcycle accidents (one of which laid him up for nearly a year) his wife said no more bikes. So now he needed a car for under 100K that was a convertible, did 0-60 in the 3-4 second range, and sounds obnoxiously loud to the cars next to you. He decided on this, a Shelby Cobra 427 Replica:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

600+ Horsepower and 2,400lbs make a potent mixture. This dude put $25,000 jsut in the engine. I can honestly say this is the fastest car I've ever driven, and one of the most difficult to drive. This is a man's car for sure. I've driven 11 second Camaros, 12 second Mustangs, various Porsches (including a super rare 911 RS America), R32's, STi's,C3-C4-C5-C6 Vettes, M3's, S4's, etc. Not to mention all the sport bikes. This thing is fucking fast!

It has a bored and stroked 351W which is now 408ci, Holley 1050, a silly fucking cam, roller everything and so on. It Feels like it has a ten pound flywheel since it catches revs like a Honda VTECH, except instead of 1.8 liters this thing works out to 7.1 liters or someshit. This car is a fucking blast! You will also die if you get in an even moderate wreck, which of course is part of the fun. No power steering, horrible ergonomics, uncomfortable seats, misplaced pedals (per the original Shelby), and a huge engine shoe horned into a tiny roadster.

Fucking Cool!