jueves, febrero 26, 2004

|

The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways!



I recently realized I am turning into a fat fuck. Sure I'm a good looking guy and know tequila, women dig me, but I ain't getting any younger. I haven't worked out or ran for about 5 months and my diet has been consisting of chicken wings and pizza washed down with a Pacifico and a Don Julio chaser. Now, I use to be pretty healthy, and know how to get myself in shape, but there are always excuses. About a week or two ago I decided Cabo will be coming sooner or later and I need to be in respectable shape for the hot Latina bitches.

One of the big things that always kicks my ass is sugar. I don't really eat candy bars and pastries (except those fucking maple scones from Starfucks, I can't stop eating those things), but white bread, normal American cereal, all that shit kicks my ass. This isn't about low carbs but the Glycemic Index of the carbs. For those fools on the Atkins Diet, you can't drink!!!!!!!!!! One reason I will never go on it.

Well, I am shopping last night in the "hippie" section of the store that no longer carries Casa Noble, buying my unrefined and unsweetened shit I am now eating when I see something out of the corner of my eye. It's a word that even in my peripheral vision makes me stop and feel good. What the fuck? I turn around and walk to where I'm sure I saw this, and there on the shelf of the health food section is a product called "Agave Nectar". I read it, and it's 100% Agave! YES! They actually make this honey type sweetener from pure Agave. Now, I doubt it's Blue Weber Maguey, but still, this is a serious sign for me. Not only is it agave, but it also has a Glycemic Index of less then half that of sugar, and is sweeter so you use less. Virtually perfect. I buy it and bring it home to try it. The shit is actually good, very good. PLUS, it dissolves easily in liquid. You know where I am going with this don't you. Drunk Guy and company as well as myself have been looking for a substitute for Cointreau for sometime. I have a plan I will try to pull off tonight while I watch the understaffed Kings try to take down the Lakers.