sábado, mayo 29, 2004

|
Milagro Revisited -

I have never been a fan of Milagro. Not a bad tequila, but not great. Smooth but boring. Well, I tried some Milagro Anejo last weekend, and ended up drinking half the bottle without even knowing. This is some good shit! Dare I say excellent tequila? I dare. I really like it. It is one of the smoothest tequilas I have ever had (so is the reposado), but the anejo seems to have picked up some flavor from the aging process. It's single barrel though, so maybe we got a good barrel. For the price this is fantastico as they say in Mexican. I put this on the top ten list of tequilas. The bottle is even different then the Reposado. It has cool raised letters.

Here's a photo for our illiterate friends:



On a negative note, I would also like to lower the standing of Oro Azul. I had the reposado again and it reminds me of Patron. Bevmo wants $65 for a bottle of reposado. Shit is not worth half that. The Milagro Anejo just made the Cabo Gabe Top 10 and it is only $37.99. It's a very complicated tequila, but that doesn't mean it's good. It has a harshness that is apparent from start to finish, and it's flavoring is a bit off. Almost like it's not quite 100% agave. The Oro Azul is not bad, but I don't think I would purchase it for anything over $30. It's on par with Cazadores for almost three times the price.



Well, this almost turned into a tequila war didn't it. Anyway, go buy a bottle of Milagro Reposado for $37.99. I would also like to thank the good people at BEVMO! for allowing me too steal their pics since my site is past bandwidth. I spend $300 per month there, so they shoudl allow me....motherfuckers.

Comment below, or comment here: COMMENT BITCH!