Shedding some light on the Kings trade
Think I may have this figured out now. First I need to answer some questions:
condolences man. Yea i saw this as breaking news yesterday at the pub and I knew you were going to go nuts. When I saw he was traded to the 76ers...i assumed it was a trade for Iverson but then I saw the details. Who knows though...sometimes its weird but when you get the bad end of the deal--the team might pull together.And if they dont, you can start rooting for the Suns. Drunkard Email Homepage 02.24.05 - 11:17 am #
Thanks for the support Drunk Guy. I too assumed it was AI when I first heard this half asleep. We have Bibby, Mobley, Jackson, and Evans. We need bigger people so AI would offer us little. I like the Suns but they won't make it past the first round this year. Next year they may go all the way, but no this year. Also, that Pub money would be better spent in Cabo or Spain since you now have unlimited time on your hands!
thank you for webber! hopefully we'll actually be able to advance past the first round of the playoffs!! !tough nuts Email Homepage 02.24.05 - 3:08 pm #
Your welcome, but you should thank us for Barnes as well. That guy is impressive on the court. The other guy (Bradley?) we jsut got a few weeks back in the Doug Christy trade with Orlando. Webber will work well with Iverson as long as his head's in it. His numbers will go up as well, since the Philly game is more suited to his constant walking wounded status. Keep in mind that he has never played a full season in his career. Great player and all around cool guy, but he gets a serious injury when you look at him sideways. I predict the sixers will make the second round and lose in five to the Heat.
This was a bad trade for the Kings. I think Peja will step up with Webber gone, but the Kings got crap in return. They could/should have gotten more.Philly stole an All-Star.As far as Dirk goes, I doubt the Mavs would give him up for Peja and Williamson. 8ZERO8 Email Homepage 02.24.05 - 3:33 pm #
Yes, horrible trade. Peja hasn't played (mentally) this year and it's killing the team. Will Peja step up? Our season is over if he doesn't. Now, if the Peja from the regular season 01-02 shows up, we have a title shot again. He never played in those play-offs and we lost to the Los Angeles Referees in seven at the finals. Keep in mind, last year we started 40-18 or someshit without Webber. We can do it with Peja if he find his shot. As far as Dirk goes; Cuban has given up Van Excel and for some reason Steve Nash! He would trade his own mother! It's cool though, we don't need anymore foreigners here (see below).
Now, for the possible plan.
Webber has $62 Million left on his contract and trading him when he was healthy and playing well might of been a smart move (not that I agree with it). Corliss did alright in Sacto last time, and I guess this Thomas dude can run the court, so we aren't as bad off as it first appeared. Still a bad trade when you look at it. The real happenings behind the scenes are for next year.
Peja has been a little bitch lately. He wants to go (publicly saying so) and he has a lot of value. Why not let him go. I think the Kings are going to package Peja, Bobby Jackson, and Corliss to get the best player in the NBA in my opinion. Kevin Garnett. Garnett doesn't get anymore money then Webber was, so we can afford him now. He knows he won't win a title in Minnesota at this point, and the Wolves will do it for Peja and the two others. Watch and see.
condolences man. Yea i saw this as breaking news yesterday at the pub and I knew you were going to go nuts. When I saw he was traded to the 76ers...i assumed it was a trade for Iverson but then I saw the details. Who knows though...sometimes its weird but when you get the bad end of the deal--the team might pull together.And if they dont, you can start rooting for the Suns. Drunkard Email Homepage 02.24.05 - 11:17 am #
Thanks for the support Drunk Guy. I too assumed it was AI when I first heard this half asleep. We have Bibby, Mobley, Jackson, and Evans. We need bigger people so AI would offer us little. I like the Suns but they won't make it past the first round this year. Next year they may go all the way, but no this year. Also, that Pub money would be better spent in Cabo or Spain since you now have unlimited time on your hands!
thank you for webber! hopefully we'll actually be able to advance past the first round of the playoffs!! !tough nuts Email Homepage 02.24.05 - 3:08 pm #
Your welcome, but you should thank us for Barnes as well. That guy is impressive on the court. The other guy (Bradley?) we jsut got a few weeks back in the Doug Christy trade with Orlando. Webber will work well with Iverson as long as his head's in it. His numbers will go up as well, since the Philly game is more suited to his constant walking wounded status. Keep in mind that he has never played a full season in his career. Great player and all around cool guy, but he gets a serious injury when you look at him sideways. I predict the sixers will make the second round and lose in five to the Heat.
This was a bad trade for the Kings. I think Peja will step up with Webber gone, but the Kings got crap in return. They could/should have gotten more.Philly stole an All-Star.As far as Dirk goes, I doubt the Mavs would give him up for Peja and Williamson. 8ZERO8 Email Homepage 02.24.05 - 3:33 pm #
Yes, horrible trade. Peja hasn't played (mentally) this year and it's killing the team. Will Peja step up? Our season is over if he doesn't. Now, if the Peja from the regular season 01-02 shows up, we have a title shot again. He never played in those play-offs and we lost to the Los Angeles Referees in seven at the finals. Keep in mind, last year we started 40-18 or someshit without Webber. We can do it with Peja if he find his shot. As far as Dirk goes; Cuban has given up Van Excel and for some reason Steve Nash! He would trade his own mother! It's cool though, we don't need anymore foreigners here (see below).
Now, for the possible plan.
Webber has $62 Million left on his contract and trading him when he was healthy and playing well might of been a smart move (not that I agree with it). Corliss did alright in Sacto last time, and I guess this Thomas dude can run the court, so we aren't as bad off as it first appeared. Still a bad trade when you look at it. The real happenings behind the scenes are for next year.
Peja has been a little bitch lately. He wants to go (publicly saying so) and he has a lot of value. Why not let him go. I think the Kings are going to package Peja, Bobby Jackson, and Corliss to get the best player in the NBA in my opinion. Kevin Garnett. Garnett doesn't get anymore money then Webber was, so we can afford him now. He knows he won't win a title in Minnesota at this point, and the Wolves will do it for Peja and the two others. Watch and see.

<< Home