miƩrcoles, diciembre 21, 2005

|

Don Julio Real

Went to Scottsdale last weekend. I love that place. We went to 15 bars in two nights and walked to all of them. Plus there are hot bitches everywhere.

I also went to this place called the "Old Town Tortilla Factory". They had a pretty impressive tequila selection. They also charged me $12 for three shrimp, but who the fuck cares? They had a good tequila selection.

I finally tried Hussongs that Gredgeman had said was some good shit. I have to agree. For a reasonable tequila it's very Cabo Wabo like. Even sweeter and more vanilla-ie (new word).

I then tried Partida Blanco. Very decent tequila. Nothing stands out, but worth trying just to add to the resume.

Then I noticed this beautiful bottle sitting behind some others. They had Don Julio Real!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've had some serious tequilas in my day, but I've yet to try this. They have it at a bar by my house, but they also want $60 per shot for it. It's $360 a bottle in Cabo. The Tortilla Factory was only charging $30 for a shot.

Well, since I had already tipped her way too much (that's why you NEVER run a tab at a bar. Pay deep and pay early in cash, you get your money back later) I ordered it. I've never had it, and really needed to at least say I've tried it.

Well, the tips paid off when she poured a full size snifter with at least three shots. Man, I smelled this stuff and it was like a $500 bottle of Scotch. I tried it, still tasted like scotch with an incredible tequila mixed in. By the third taste the tequila hit. Amazing. I'm not a big whiskey fan and this is aged like a million years in a whiskey barrel, but DAAAAAAAMNNN!!!! This is amazing. It's a must try tequila. Period.

Anyway, Scottsdale and Phoenix kicked ass, my job is questionable, so I still may go down there and just drink for a few months while I check the job market.

Merry Christmas and all that shit. Drunkard, post something. Gredge, need a picture of your friends tank. 808, go kick the shit out of the MTA workers, Toughnuts.....drink some more.

Feliz Navidad! I'm drunk on El Tesoro tonight!