lunes, mayo 31, 2004

|
Memorial Day – WTF it’s all about:

I thought I would post this while everyone is doing the BBQ thing or waterskiing, or drinking, and……you get the idea.

Memorial Day is for remembrance of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country and sadly, made the ultimate sacrifice for other countries. Regardless of your political views and our current “war” status this really should be respected. Belgium, Holland, Norway, Britain, Poland, China, Russia, and so many other countries have gained by American lives lost in liberating or defending their countries. Even Japan and Italy have much better standards of living and freedom since there defeats in the Second World War. France is probably the biggest culprit, roughly 200,000 Americans killed in both World Wars in Europe ALONE. I mean, of course we appreciate the help provided in the American Revolution. Louisiana Purchase was an awesome deal. The Statue of Liberty is cool, but come on; a little support would be nice.

I have heard a lot of people saying we need to remember to support our veterans and shit along those lines this weekend. We should always support our fucking veterans you ass fucks. This weekend is not Veterans Day! It’s Memorial Day. It’s for the soldiers, sailors, marines, and airman who gave there lives in defense of freedom. I know of more then a few who will argue the “freedom” aspect they were fighting for. The soldier in the field doesn’t get paid to think politics. Right or wrong he is paid to fight. I feel confident in saying that the vast majority of time the U.S.A. is morally correct when we send our men to die on foreign soil. Those times that we’re not, the soldier who died has no less served his country. Besides, I’m a veteran so you can buy me a drink on Veterans Day. A good Reposado or Anejo preferably. Cabo Wabo would be a good choice. But I didn’t do shit except party too much and blow things up in my tank when I could. The people I’m talking about here gave their lives for you and me (and the French more often then not it seems).

Check out these numbers below. One Million, Three Hundred Thousand, Eight Hundred and Seventeen people. Not counting the 10 or 15 skirmishes I didn’t post. That’s once again, 1,307,817 + Americans. Each one is a human life. Each one had a family and friends that will never see them again. Each one fighting for my freedom to do what I want within constitutional limits. My freedom to make a ton of money and spend it on tequila and women on some beach in a foreign country. My freedom to make money to offer my children a better life. The freedom for immigrants that were bashing the U.S. foreign policy just 6 months ago to make money and live a life reserved for members of the royal family in their old country.

Anyway, here are some stats and photos stolen from various websites.

Please, enjoy your “day off”.


American Revolution – 25,324
War of 1812 – 2,260
Barbary Coast – 35
Texas War of Independence - 740
Mexican American War – 13,283
Civil War – 620,000
Spanish American War – 7,500 (including the Philippines War)
Boxer Rebellion in China - 53
WWI – 116,708
Nicaragua - 136
WWII – 408,306
Korean War – 54,246
Vietnam War – 58,219
Grenada –19
Panama –40
Gulf War –363
Iraq Invasion – 585
Canadian American War – TBA (but it’s coming…they hate us you know. They’re a very jealous people)

TOTAL - 1,307,817 ( not counting various skirmishes and small conflicts over the last 230 years, or the soldiers, marines, airman, and sailors who died during the “cold war” through covert ops or even training accidents)

WW1 - The Somme, France:


WW2 - Luxembourg


WW2 - Lorraine, France(113 acres of dead Americans on foreign soil)


Spanish-American War - Corazol, Panama


WW1 - Marne,France


WW1 - Brookwood, England


WW2 - Rhone, France


WW2 - Manila, Phillipines(152 Acres of dead Americans in this one)


WW1 - Meuse, France


WW2 - Florence, Italy


WW2 - Carthage, Tunisia, North Africa


WW2 - Cambridge, England


WW2 - Normandy, France


WW2 - Normandy, France


All Conflicts - Arlington, United States of America (260,000 people)