martes, diciembre 21, 2004

|
Nice! Cards, bullets and photography, a few of my favorite things!

These pics are amazing. I've seen them before and it's always intrigued me.

When I was in the Army I managed to get some shots at a Tank Table 12 gunnery by setting the camera and tripod out near the range with the timer on and the shutter set to automatic. I had already finished my gunnery so had some time to kill at 2AM (ain't much to do in the desert at 2AM). Having just shot the course, I knew right where the next platoon would be shooting from. I used the tank thermal sights to find the firing positions, then zoomed on the position. After 40 some odd tries finally got some amazing shots (for being a complete amateur and guessing this might work). When the 105mm main gun would fire in almost pitch black it was more then enough for the shutter to close..... fast. I was only using ISO 400 too. Wish I knew more back then, probably could of nailed some better photos.

Unfortunately I have no idea what happened to the pictures. I'm hoping to find the negatives in a box one of these days.